Design Tutorials categories
2D Tutorials (634)
- ArtRage Tutorials (2)
- Car Digital Drawing and Painting Tutorials (254)
- Car Drawing and Sketching Tutorials (204)
- Car Photo Retouching Tutorials (20)
- Car Vector Illustration Tutorials (20)
- Digital Painting Tutorials (30)
- Digital Sketching Tutorials (34)
- Hand Drawing and Sketching Tutorials (43)
- Illustrator Tutorials (1)
- Industrial Design Sketching Tutorials (83)
- Krita Tutorials (1)
- Painter Tutorials (16)
- Photoshop Tutorials (256)
- SketchBook Designer Tutorials (2)
- SketchBook Pro Tutorials (56)
- 3ds Max Tutorials (98)
- Alias SpeedForm Tutorials (3)
- Alias Tutorials (51)
- Autodesk Alias Tutorials (52)
3D Tutorials (347)
- Blender Tutorials (8)
- Car 3D Modeling Tutorials (173)
- Car Rendering Tutorials (46)
- Car Wheels and Parts 3D Modeling Tutorials (63)
- Cinema 4D Tutorials (11)
- Grasshopper Tutorials (3)
- Hard Surfaces Modeling Tutorials (8)
- Industrial Design 3D Modeling Tutorials (57)
- Interior Design 3D Tutorials (3)
- KeyShot Tutorials (2)
- LightWave Tutorials (3)
- Maya Tutorials (23)
- MODO Tutorials (15)
- Rendering Tutorials (2)
- Rhino 3D Tutorials (47)
- SketchUp Tutorials (1)
- SolidWorks Tutorials (5)
- T-Splines Tutorials (4)
- uMake Tutorials (1)
- VRay Tutorials (5)
- ZBrush Design Tutorials (23)
This article covers the most common principles on composition, applied to digital paintings.
A tutorial by designer Michael DiTullo that shows the workflow process for the creation of a footwear rendering in Photoshop.
A short tutorial by designer Luciano Bove that explains how to draw a car in top view perspective.
In this tutorial digital artist Henning Ludvigsen gives an overview on how different materials can be rendered.
A tutorial by Polish Marcin Wasilewski (Dino) on how to create a car side rendering in Photoshop. The link points to the automatically translated page.
This tutorial briefly explains the the process of creating a final rendering from a starting sketch. In this case the author uses a vintage car painting style.
An article that explains the importance of using different line weights to clarify a form and add dynamics to a sketch.
In this video tutorial Arvind Ramkrishna shows how he creates thumbnail car sketches on Post-it notes to quickly explore new ideas.
In this video Arvind Ramkrishna from Driven Mavens explains how he uses Post-it notes to quickly sketch down ideas, create storyboard-like compositions and perspectives.
A video overview of the new Cross Section tool in Alias 2011, that has consolidated various functions into a single window, that allow to easily create and manage cross sections.
In this excerpt from the instructional DVD published by Render Demo, GM designer Dwayne Patterson talks about his rendering styles using SketchBook Pro. .
A detailed tutorial that describes how to model water spray in Autodesk Alias software.
This tutorial shows how to model detailed gears and chains in Autodesk Alias software. It can be used when modeling bike gears but also tank tracks or snowmobile tracks.
This tutorial explains how to create focal points in a car sketch by adding and changing values using Prismacolor pencils. It includes a 16 minutes video and a PDF ebook. It can be downloaded for free from Driven Mavens by signing up to the website’s newsletter.
This visual tutorial shows the steps followed for the creation of a Photoshop rendering of a compact BMW, starting from a digital sketch.
In this video tutorial designer Arvind Ramkrishna from Driven Mavens speaks about car proportions, stance, graphic impact, unity and simplicity and how these factors translate into a compelling and beautiful design.
This visual walkthrough shows the steps involved in rendering a yellow car on yellow paper, which requires careful, methodical application of color.
This video tutorials explains how to explore dynamic compositions to make digital paintings more interesting.