The Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad combines high-quality digital pencils, pens, markers and airbrushes with a Multi-Touch gesture-based user interface, enabling users to create everything from quick sketches to high-quality artwork.
Geared for both occasional doodlers and professional illustrators, SketchBook Pro uses the same paint engine as its desktop and mobile counterparts, and provides a complete set of sketching and painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
“The launch of the iPad brings both creative professionals and consumers unparalleled sketching capabilities on a mobile device,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of digital concept at Autodesk.
“The SketchBook Pro App for iPad provides a fun drawing and painting environment that also applies widely to professional artists and designers from all industries.”
Key new features in the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad include:
- Full-screen 1024 x 768 work space with support for any device orientation
- A Multi-Touch interface that delivers an immersive and streamlined experience
- 75 brushes with customizable settings, including synthetic pressure sensitivity and brush modes for free sketching and creating straight lines, ellipses and rectangles
- Six full-resolution layers per sketch with control over layer order, visibility and opacity
- A built-in, live news page that alerts artists to upcoming events and highlights featured artists and their SketchBook creations