Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, set to open in 2010, is the world’s first Ferrari theme park and largest attraction of its kind. It will be an intense multi-sensory experience and a must-visit for enthusiasts, fans and families.
Its iconic sleek red roof is directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body, spanning 200,000 m2 and carrying the largest Ferrari logo ever created.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will host a number of attractions, including rides for children of all ages, providing the complete Ferrari experience: over 20 state-of-the-art attractions, each designed to bring to life a different part of the Ferrari story, including the world’s fastest rollercoaster, travelling at speeds exceeding 200 km/h and emulating the sensation of being in a Ferrari F1 car, or the G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62 m, through the roof and back down again.
The Park is located on Yas Island – set to become a global tourist destination with a wide range of accommodation and entertainment facilities – on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland.
Abu Dhabi, at the crossroads between Europe, Asia and Africa, was chosen as the ideal location to build the Ferrari theme park, motor sports being extremely popular in the United Arab Emirates.
The Park is owned by Aldar Properties PJSC, Abu Dhabi’s leading property development, management and investment company.
Farah Leisure Parks Management L.L.C, a joint venture between Aldar Properties PJSC and ProFun Management Group Inc. (international leisure facilities management and operating company) will be responsible for managing and operating Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
For further information visit www.ferrariworldabudhabi.com.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi –
- Designed by globally renown architectural firm Benoy
- Building height is 45m (147.6 ft), with a roof edge circumference of 2,200 m (7217.8 ft)
- Enclosed space (area accessible to the general public) is 100,000 m2 (1,076,391 sq ft)
- Over 35,000 tonnes of steel have been used to reinforce the structure
- Landscaped area around the main building is 450,000 m2 (4,843,759 sq ft)
- Design inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body
- Made from metal and glass designed to reduce glare and heat
- Total surface area is 200,000 m2 (2,152,782 sq ft)
- The Ferrari logo is 65m x 48.5m, the largest Ferrari logo ever created
- Highest point is 48m, with a total of 6,900 meters of roof guttering
- Designed by one of the world’s most prominent design firms Jack Rouse Associates
- Over 20 state-of-the-art rides and attractions.
- Featured attractions include:
- The world’s fastest roller coaster emulating the feeling of being in an F1 car
- G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62m, through the roof and back down again
- State-of-the-art racing simulators using a similar system as those used by the Ferrari racing team
- Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
- Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
- Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari