The results in detail
The 6th edition of the Interior Motives Design Awards ceremony was held at the Club Med World Paris, during the second press day of the Paris Motor Show.
|Concept by Jinsung Kim||Concept by Kwangsik Kim|
The Jury, which included high-ranking design professionals such as VW’s Flavio Manzoni and Faurecia’s Andreas Wlasak, selected winners in 11 different categories.
The theme of this year edition of the contest was "Design for Life".
Participant students were asked to explore designs that would improve the travelling experience by making it easier and more sustainable, while encompassing the ever expanding technology used everyday.
The Overall Winner of the contest was Pierre Sabas (Royal College of Art – UK) with his Free Form Concept.
The award includes a $5,000 prize and an intership at VW Group and VW’s Future Design trendlab in Wolfsuburg.
Sabas was selected for his intelligent approach to design and also received the first place in the Best Safety Interior category.
Euan Sey, chair of the judjing panel and Interior Motives magazine editor, commented: "Pierre is an inspirational designer, whose creation demonstrated innovation by taking credible technologies a step further. […]
"With its simplistic interior, free from gadgets and clutter, this conception really does push the boundaries of design."
Below we report the complete list of the winning entries in the different categories:
- Best Conceptual Interior: Opel Siderium Concept by Vinicius Barbosa Crepaldi and Tiago Aiello Tomé De Souza (UNESP – Brazil)
- Best Conceptual Exterior: Volkswagen Nepenthes Concept by Joon Hyung Park (Hong-Ik University)
- Best Innovation: VW Slimo Concept by Young-Roh Yoon and Sung Uk Kim ( Seoul National University of Technology)
- Best Eco Design Concept: Leaf Touch by Xiaosong Qian (Beijing Institute of Technology)
- Best Lifestyle Interior: T6 Concept by Alexander Zhukovski (Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts)
- Best Production Interior: My Lounge by Ilaria Sacco (Royal College of Art – UK)
- Best Personalisation: Wigloo by Ralph Tayler-Webb, Kyu-Han Choi and Carl Saunders (Royal College of Art – UK)
- Best Safety Interior: Free Form Concept by Pierre Sabas (Royal College of Art – UK)
- Best Use of Ambient Lighting: Soul Concept by Dalim Seo (Pforzheim University – Germany)
- Best Use of Technology: Helios Concept by Kim Gu-Han (Universität Duisburg-Essen – Germany)
- Best Xperience: i-Shoes Concept by Yang Liu (Northumbria University, UK)
Finalist Projects – Image Gallery
(Source: Interior Motives)