130 octane Hydrogen is inducted through the air intake manifold and blended with gasoline at a ratio of 30-40 percent hydrogen.
The fuel for this system is derived from fracturing water molecules drawn from a small on board water tank, and will not require a high pressure, on board hydrogen storage tank or hydrogen fueling station.
The Scorpion wil have a carbon fiber body (manufactured by www.metalcrafters.com) mounted on a racing-derived chrome-moly chassis.
The engine will be the latest 3.5 liter V6 Acura V-Tech,
Type S, power-plant from the 2008 TL TypeS, coupled with a close ratio sixspeed
transmission and and capable of producing 450 horsepower with the twin-turbo option.
The Scorpion is currently in pre-production and Ronn Motor Company plans for it to be available to consumers this fall.
The announced price is $150,000 and the company is accepting refundable deposits of $50,000.
First deliveries will begin on last quarter of 2008, and first year production will be limited to 200 units.
The exterior body design, including the 3D models, was created by Jonathan Griffin of Gryphon Automotive.
Exterior design elements will include Lamborghini-style doors and aerodynamic enhancements including full underbody, front and rear air diffusers, rear spoiler.
The full press release is available on AutoblogGreen.
- HID Xenon Headlights
- LED side marker, signal and brake lamps
- Neon lighting in interior and engine bay
- Carbon Fiber Body
- Carbon fiber side mirrors
- 2 piece forged Modena wheels by MOZ
- 20 x 9 front – 20 x 11 rear
- Toyo Proxie Ultra High Performance T1R radial tires
- 255/30/20 front – 305/30/20 rear
- 2008 Acura dual overhead cam, aluminum/magnesium block, 3.5 liter, V-tech, V-6, Type S Engine
- 289 Horsepower in stock form, 450 plus with the twin turbo option
- Hydrogen on demand system provided by – www.hydrorunner.com
- 6 speed close ration manual transmission, 6 speed sequential automatic available in 2009
- Light weight clutch and flywheel
- Ronn proprietary refrigerated inter-coolers
- Limited slip differential
- 4 wheel Wilwood 12 inch disc brakes with cross drilled rotors and polished calipers
- Polished stainless spindles and control arms
- Custom race designed chrome moly chassis
- Indy car style: hybrid fully independent front and rear suspensions
- Custom Billet Polished hub carriers and axles from – http://www.dutchmanms.com/
- Dual adjustable polished coil over shocks
About Ronn Motor Company
Texas-based Ronn Motor Company was founded in 2007 by Ronn Maxwell and Adrian Pylypec.
For more information visit www.ronnmotors.com.