Based on the Concept shown at the 2007 Los Angeles Motor Show, the Genesis Coupe uses the same rear-wheel drive architecture originally developed for the Genesis sports saloon, which was revealed earlier this year.
It uses a MacPherson strut dual-link front suspension and a five-link rear suspension setup.
Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission with an auto option and have 18-inch alloys or optional 19-inch wheels.
“We think our entry-level Genesis Coupe 2.0t, with its unique combination of rear-wheel drive and four-cylinder turbo power, offers an intriguing alternative to existing front-wheel drive sports coupes,” said John Krafcik, vice president, product development and strategic planning, Hyundai Motor America.
“The 3.8-litre version takes things to an even higher level, rivalling the capability of premium coupes.”
Inside, the cockpit is designed to enhance the driving experience and is characterized by sport bucket seats and two-stage heated front seats. An information display screen features an outside temperature reading, audio system information and settings for the climate control.
Analogue gauges include a large speedometer and tachometer positioned so the driver can immediately access critical driving information. The instrument cluster features Hyundai’s signature blue gauge illumination.
The infotainment system features input jacks to accommodate and charge audio devices such as iPod and an Infinity audio system.
Hyundai Genesis Coupe – Tehcnical Specifications
- Configuration: Front engine, rear-wheel drive
- Wheelbase: 2820 mm / 111.0 inches
- Overall length: 4630 mm / 182.3 inches
- Overall width: 1865 mm / 73.4 inches
- Overall height: 1380 mm / 54.3 inches
- Wheels: 18-inch or 19-inch five-spoke
- Engine types: 3.8-litre V6 or 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo
- Est. horsepower V6: 310 PS @ 6,000 rpm
- Est. torque V6: 263 lb. ft. @ 4,700 rpm
- Est. horsepower 2.0t: 223PS @ 6,000 rpm
- Est. torque 2.0t: 217 lb. ft. @ 2,500 rpm
- Valve timing: continuously variable valve timing for both engines (Dual for 2.0t)
- Estimated 0-60 mph V6: under 6 seconds
- Transmission types: 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic (4-cylinder) or 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic (V6)
- Limited slip differential (Optional)
- Est. top speed: 149 mph (V6), 137 mph (2.0t)