The LP560-4 is the evolution of the original Gallardo, the most successful Lamborghini model of all time, with about 7,100 units built since the launch in 2003.
The increase of 40 hp compared with that of the previous Gallardo, and the approximate 20 kilogram reduction in weight, improves the power weight ratio to 2.5 kilograms per hp and thus enhances performance.
The LP560-4 accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds, from 0-200 km/h in 11.8 seconds and has a top speed of 325 km/h.
Technical highlights include reduced weight (1410 kg – 20 kg less than its predecessor), improved traction, handling and stability at high speeds, a redesigned four-wheel drive transmission, new suspension and optimised aerodynamics and decreased friction between the components,
The Gallardo LP560-4 is based on an aluminum spaceframe structure which combines integrally moulded node elements and extruded parts as well as sheet metal plates made out of aluminium which are integrated to form the body.
The LP560-4 car measures 4.34 metres in length, 1.90 metres in width and 1.16
metres in height.
New design elements include a new front end with enlarged and clearly accentuated cooling intakes which remind of the Murcielago and a new spoiler, positioned low between the air intakes, which improves aerodynamic equilibrium at high speeds.
The completely redesigned rear makes the LP560-4 make the
LP560-4 appear extremely wide and bonded to the road surface.
In addition, the streamlined covers left and right of the engine hood accentuate the powerful shoulders and lengthened, stretched lines of the new Gallardo.
The new headlights have a ‘daytime’ running light integrated beneath the Bi-Xenon lamps: 15 diodes (LED) have been positioned in a Y structure. The same motif appears again in the rear tail-lights. The stop and brake lights have been inspired by the Miura Concept, the Murciélago LP640 and the Reventón and display the Y form three times over.
The new rear diffuser has is more efficient and, together with the smooth underbody, contributes to the steering stability even at extremely high speeds. In sum, the aerodynamic efficiency with regard to output compared to that of its predecessor has been increased by 31 %.
Among the exterior details are the elaborate aluminium fuel cap, the finely-crafted grille in the exhaust pipes and the rear camera integrated in a small fin in the independent rear spoiler.
inside, the sports seats are covered with either fine leather or Alcantara and provide secure adherence and support. The position of the seats is very low and there is space behind the seats for luggage which complements the 110 litre front trunk.
- Wheelbase 2560 mm
- Overall legth 4345 mm
- Overall width 1900 mm
- Overall height 1165 mm
- Track (front– rear) 1632 mm – 1597 mm
- Carb Weight 1500
- Weight distribution (front-rear) Front 43% – rear 57%
Frame & Body
- Frame – Structural aluminium spaceframe, based on aluminium extruded parts welded to aluminium casted joint elements.
- Rear Spoiler Electronically controlled
- Mirrors External mirror with ectrical closing system
- Suspension – Double wishbones front and rear suspension system, antiroll bar anti-dive and anti-squat ESP 8.0 Full ESP System with ABS,ASR and ABD
- Type 10 cylindres V90°, DOHC 4 valves,common-pin crankshaft
- displacement 5204 cc
- Maximum power 412 kW (560 ps) at 8000 rpm
- Maximum torque 540 Nm 6500 rpm
- Top speed 325 km/h
- Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 3,7 sec.
- Acceleration (0-200 km/h) 11,8 sec.
Wheels and tires
- Tires (Frontreari) Pirelli Pzero 235/35 ZR 19 – 295/30 ZR 19
- Wheels (front-rear) Aluminium aloy, 8.5" x 019"- 11"x 019"
- Steering Power- assisted rack and pinion
- Kerb-to-kerb turning circle 11,50 m
- Steel brakes Power vacuum, aluminium alloy callipers : 8 cylinder front callipers and 4 cylinder rear callipers
- Ventilated discs (front-rear) ø 365 x 34mm front –ø 356 x 32 mm rear
- CCB brakes Power vacuum, aluminium alloy callipers :6 cylinder front callipers and 4 cylinder rear callipers
- Ventilated discs (front-rear) ø 380 x 38mm front –ø 356 x 32 mm rear
- Type of trasmission Permanent 4-wheel drive with viscous traction system
- Gearbox 6 Speed + reverse, A optional, robotized sequential e-gear system with actuation by paddles on the steering column
- Clutch Double plate ø 215 mm
- Rear Differential 45% limited slip
- Front Differential Slip limitation by ABD function