The competition is open to everybody. Participants are divided in two levels: amateurs/students and professionals. The theme is quite broad, asking participants to create a unique sportscar.
One interesting feature is that the design has to be based on a chassis available as a SolidWorks 3D model after registration.
Projects must also meet some technical specifications that will enable them to be viable production kit cars.
The deadline is 30 June 2007. Winners will be contacted by email within the end of July 2007.
- 1st prize a kitcar from Burton Car (€12,000 worth).
- 2nd prize: a Formula 1 driving experience (provided by IntoTheBlue)
- 3nd prize: a €2,500 cheque
- 4rd prize: a HP laptop (€1,000 worth)
- 6th-10th prizes: 3D controller SpaceTraveller from 3Dconnexion.com
- Jury Prize, Public Prize: a HP laptop
For more information about the competition visit designcontest.nl.