From the official Press Release:
It will be unveiled at the 2007 New York Auto Show and will be marketed at a starting price well under $30,000.
“Concept Genesis is a manifestation of Hyundai’s extraordinary desire to deliver world-class products across all model segments,” said John Krafcik, vice president, Product Development and Strategic Planning, Hyundai Motor America.
According to Hyundai, "Genesis’ design is a progressive interpretation of the modern rear-wheel drive sports sedan.
"To match its dynamic powertrain capabilities, Genesis combines strong, sculpted forms which integrate precise details, natural materials and innovative lighting to provide a well-crafted, premium design aesthetic."
The all-new Tau 4.6-liter V8 engine is mated to a ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual control and a limited-slip differential. The Tau delivers well over 300 horsepower and enables to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in under 6 seconds.
Future Tau variants may offer larger displacement, forced induction options and other technology enhancements.
Utilizing ultra high-tensile steel in critical areas in the unibody provides Concept Genesis with a 12-14 percent higher dynamic torsional rigidity and a lower body-in-white weight than the BMW 5-series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
The suspension design features a front five-link suspension features upper and lower arms linking the front wheels to the chassis and a five-link independent rear suspension .
The ESC continually analyzes road speed, steering input, throttle position, lateral yaw rate and other factors. An onboard microprocessor determines if the vehicle is starting to understeer or oversteer, and can brake appropriate wheels and reduce engine power to keep the vehicle safely on course.
The brake system uses four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD). The 12.6-inch front rotors have single-piston floating calipers and the rear brakes feature 12.4-inch rotors with single-pistons.
Hyundai Concept Genesis – Technical Specifications
- Configuration: FR Engine RWD Sport Sedan
- Wheelbase: 2935 mm / 115.6 inches
- Overall length: 5005 mm / 197.0 inches
- Overall width: 1863 mm / 73.3 inches
- Overall height: 1490 mm / 58.7 inches
- Track, f/r: 1575 mm / 62.0 inches, 1580 mm / 62.2 inches
- Wheels: 20-inch multi-spoke
- Engine type: V8
- Estimated horsepower: Well over 300HP
- Estimated torque: Over 300 lb. ft.
- Displacement: 4,627 cc
- Block material: High pressure die casting aluminum block
- Cylinder head material: Aluminum
- Valvetrain: Dual Over Head Cam (DOHC)
- Valve timing: Continuous variable valve timing
- Variable induction system
- Fuel delivery: Multi-port fuel injection
- Bore & stroke: 92 x 87
- Estimated 0-60 mph: well under 6.0 seconds
- Top speed: 130 mph (restricted)
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded
- Transmission type: ZF 6-speed automatic with SHIFTRONIC manual control
- Suspension: Front multi-link (5-link) / Rear multi-link (5-link)
- Stabilizer bar (front/rear): 26 mm/18 mm
- Weight distribution front to rear: 53:47
- Brakes: Power-assisted 4-wheel disc
- Front brake diameter (mm / in): 320 / 12.6 ventilated disc
- Rear brake diameter (mm / in): 314 / 12.4 solid disc
- Steering type: Speed-sensing rack-and-pinion
- Steering ratio: 14.86