Peter Schreyer first joined Audi in 1978 for a student stage: in 1994 he was the design responsible for one of the most acclaimed cars of the latest years, the original Audi TT.
He left an important mark on the design language at Audi, that still distiguishes all the brand’s models.
He had joined Volkswagen in 2002, and according to some insiders he was looking for a different job for more than two years.
|1995 Audi TT Concept||2004 Volkswagen Concept R sketch|
Among his latest creations is the 2004 Volkswagen Concept-R.
As some report, Kia’s official confirm will be given by the end of September. Peter Schreyer might work at Kia’s new European Design Center in Frankfurt.
Peter Schreyer – Biography
- 1953 – Born in Bad Reichenhall, Deutschland
- 1975 – Begins his studies at the Industrie Design Fachhochschule (Industrial Design professional school), Munchen
- 1978 – Stage at AUDI AG’s Design Studio
- 1979 – Final diploma Industrie Designer FH
- 1979 – Audi Scholarship for the Royal College of Art, London
- 1979-1980 – Transportation Design student at the Royal College of Art, London
- 1980 – Works at Audi Design, Exterieur, Interieur und Konzept
- 1991-1992 – Works at Audi Design Studio, California, USA.
- 1992-1993 – Audi Design, Concept Studio
- 1993 – Volkswagen AG, Exterior Design
- 1995 – Founder and Jury member of “Internationaler Audi design Förderpreis”
- 1996-1998 – Audi A4 Avant, Audi A3 winning projects
- 1999 – Audi Design Team of the Year
- 1999-2002 Volkswagen AG Design
- 2003 Winner of the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany
(Photo: Volkswagen of America, Inc. – Source: Inside Line)