The 2006 edition will focus on the theme “2030”. Students will have to design a vehicle for the year 2030 that fulfils the requirements of one of the design briefs proposed:
- Emotion in motion – related to assisted driving technologies;
- Time Quality – considering stress-free and time-efficient driving experience;
- New build – considering the emerging markets like India;
- Flow – related to the urban mobility system and its integration.
2005 Edition – Project by Ryan Campbell
2nd Prize “Student of the Year”The Interior Motives Design Awards 2006 competition is open to students enrolled in a college or university-level design programme (either undergraduate or graduate).
Individuals not enrolled on an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree course at a college or university cannot enter the competition.
The competition also accepts entries from students of fashion design, textile design or other design courses as well as students of engineering and architecture.
Registration to the Interior Motives Design Awards 2006 opened on January 31.
Registration deadline is 15 March 2006. The project submission deadline is 31 May 2006.
Awards and Prizes
Interior Motives Design Awards 2006 prizes will be awarded for the following eight categories:
- Best innovation award
- Best use of technology award
- Best production interior award
- Best conceptual interior award
- Best lifestyle interior award
- Best eco design concept award
- Best personalisation award
- Best production exterior award
- Best conceptual exterior award
The winner of each of the categories will receive a cheque for $500. The Interior Motives Student Design of the Year will receive a cheque for $5,000.
All the details and the registration form can be found on Interior Motives Awards website.
(Source: Interior Motives Magazine )