The competition is organized by Allegorithmic, a French company specialized in 3D texturing and painting software, makers of Substance Designer and Substance Painter.
Participants are challenged to create a vehicle for a weekedn trip in the year 2116. It is defined as a no-limit contest, as there are no limits regarding the polycount, texture size and material count.
Designers can use the tools of their choice, and using Allegorithmic software is not strictly required, but of course appreciated.
Contestants are encouraged to open a WIP thread on the Allegorithmic forum and post their progress all along the contest duration.
The contest will run until July 17th at 11:59pm (PST). Winners will be announced during Substance Days at Gnomon in Hollywood on July 22nd.
The Jury includes:
- Scott Robertson – Concept Artist, Designer, Author, Educator
- Charlotte Francis – Technical Artist, Naughty Dog
- Victor Kam – Vehicle Artist, Blackbird Interactive
- Ruairí Robinson – Film Director, The Leviathan
- Sebastien Deguy – CEO & Founder, Allegorithmic
The submitted entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Artistic Qualities
- Execution and Technique
- Substance Toolset Usage
The winners will be awarded the following prizes:
- 1st Place prize: HTC Vive, DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Drone, 1-Year Houdini Indie License, $500 farm rendering credit on GarageFarm, Oversize Canvas Print of the Entry
- 2nd Place prize: DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Drone, NVidia GeForce GTX 1070, 1-Year Houdini Indie License, $250 farm rendering credit on GarageFarm, Oversize Canvas Print of the Entry
- 3rd Place prize: NVidia GeForce GTX 1070, 1-Year Houdini Indie Licens, $250 farm rendering credit on GarageFarm, Oversize Canvas Print of the Entry
- 4th to 10th Place prize: Substance Live Indie License
For more information visit check the competition official page.