The competition is open to all colleges and universities students around the world with a design-related major.
The deadline for submission is June 10, 2016.Â The submitted projects will be evaluated based onÂ relevance, innovation, aesthetic and completion.
The preliminary shortlist will be revealed on June 15, 2016. The winners of this first selection will be invited to the Shanghai Auto Show and to theÂ final award ceremony.
The three final winners will receive a scholarship and will have the opportunity of attending a summer workshop. In addition, the first two winners will also receive and an invitation Â to SAIC’s European design center.
insightX: the design themes
Direction One: Roewe Rhythmic â€¢ Flagship
Design the next generation of the all new Roewe brandâ€™s flagship model (China B segment/ Europe E segment).
- Incorporate Cutting Edge Technologies and the Effects of the Internet Age in Future Cities in your proposal.
- Explore and express the unique spirit of China in the exclusively oriental craftsmanship and temperament of your design.
- Imagine the embodiment of Roeweâ€™s all new Design Philosophy,Â “Rhythmic Design”, through a new flagship car that would envision and lead the future of Chinese High-End Car Culture.
Direction Two: Â MGÂ “Emotion Glamour”, Super Car
- Despite being a celebrated British Sports car brand with a 90-year history, MG â€œking of top Speedâ€, is taking an very important positionÂ in the world.
- Imagine a Unique and Exciting Vision for MGâ€™s 2025 “Emotion Glamour” Super Racing Car.
- You are encouraged to explore a completely new direction or one achieved by modifying anÂ existing MG car.
- Millions of MG fans around a world are waiting to race an MG in the game! The thrilling design could be yours!
Direction Three: Roewe Internet MPV for Chinese families in 2020
Emphasis on the design of the forward-looking, based on the future of science and technology to actively explore the design trend of the future MPV.
- Your design couldÂ break the rules to provide a new life style of the future Chinese families.
- Design integrity, yourÂ design should include advancedÂ design concepts, interiorÂ and exterior design, color & trim design, as well as anÂ animationÂ of your design.
- The design should be specific, and alsoÂ embodyÂ the Roewe brand DNA.
For more information and the complete rules visit the competition official website.
The opening ceremony was held on 1st April at Jilin University located in Changchun, one of the most prestigious universities in China, withÂ several research projects in automobile engineering and styling field.
Managers of SAIC Motor and over a dozen of professors from automotive design section attended the ceremony. Mrs. Liu Yiyan, human resource director of SAIC Motor Passenger Vehicle, has given an opening speech. Mr. Shao Jingfeng, SAIC Design director, presented the contest content.
About SAIC Group
SAIC Group is the largest auto group in China, whose rank is rising in the world’s top 500 companies for many years, gaining 5,900,000 models in the automobile market. SAIC takes the 60th position in the top500 world fortune list. SAIC Design focus on building core competition, training the future design talents who carry the dreams is SAIC groupâ€™s mission.
(Image Courtesy: SAIC for Car Body Design)