Shahidul Syed Alam is a recent graduate of Coventry University’s Automotive & Transport Design course and now a Lexus designer at ED², Lexus’ secret design studio in the south of France.
In the video below he describes the process of designing the LF-SA concept, starting with a hands-on initial sketch using traditional methods – pencils and paper – and then bringing that to life in the virtual world as a digital render.
Shahidul Syed Alam also share his top five tips on how to draw a car.
Top Five Tips on How to Draw a Car
1. Begin by drafting the foundation of the car – the basic layout, wheel placement and perspective
2. Sketch the outline of the car, defining its shape
3. Establish the appearance of key design features such as the grille
4. Add in design details like badges or lights
5. Finish by shading the drawing to establish shadows and highlights