(cover image: project by Miloslav Melichárek)
(…continues from Part 1)
Students from the 2nd up to the 5th term were given a common brief: the had to develop a new design DNA for Mercedes-Benz.
The project was structured in two semesters: during the first one, which has just been completed, the students focused on research, sketching, 3D modeling, animation and 1:6 “proportion reliefs”.
The second semester – which will start soon – will see students work on the final 1:4 scale model.
During the first stages, students needed to understand Mercedes-Benz design identity and philosophy, and take inspiration from the brand’s history to create a ‘new’ model.
A few students developed personal projects during an internship at Audi. Below we report all the design panels and the list of the students.
Full list of students
- Prokop Harazim – 3rd year
- Žofia Šutá – 3rd year
- Miloslav Melichárek – 2nd year
- Šimon Kožička – (bachelors project) – 4th year
- Filip Čík – 2nd year
- Matěj Mačinga – 2nd year
- Martin Turóczi – 3rd year
- René Gabrielli – 3rd year
- Filip Nguyen – 3rd year
- Yevgen Kapusta – 2nd year
- Josef Černý – 2nd year
- Václav Kaminský – 5th year
- Lukáš Pintér – 5th year
- Tomáš Kvapil – 5th year
- Ondřej Hlavenka – Now he is in Audi AG intership where he is working with team on real/concept
projetcs and this is his personal project (5th year)
- Marchi Kovacs – Now she is in Audi AG intership where she is working with team on real/concept
projetcs and this is her personal project – Audi (4th year)
- Ludovít Jedlička – created the interior and exterior for a “real” a Light sport aircraft – interier and exterier design (designing for real aircraft) – 4th year (bachelors project)
- Květoslava Kubušová – 3rd year
- Alena Karolová – 5th year
(Image Courtesy: Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava for Car Body Design)