The first phase of the five-stage competition will be focused on Design and is formally launched today – Monday, August 13.
The five phases will conclude in February 2013, engaging both Domino’s customers and members of the Local Motors Forge community, and culminating in a prototype production of the world’s first purpose built pizza delivery vehicle.
Prize amounts will vary per competition. In all, more than $50,000 in prize money will be awarded along with the opportunity to see the top designs in each competition through to prototype.
Ultimate Delivery Vehicle Competition Stages
- Design: Begins August 13 and ends September 23
- Packaging: Begins October 30 and ends November 12
- Interior: Begins November 27 and ends December 11
- Surfacing: Begins January 8, 2013 and ends January 22, 2013
- Rendering: Begins February 5, 2013 and ends February 19, 2013
Domino’s Pizza (NYSE:DPZ) was founded in 1960 and is a leading company in pizza delivery, with a network of 9,924 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and over 70 international markets (as of the second quarter of 2012).
In the video reported below tells the story behind the Ultimate Delivery Vehicle project.