Organized by London Business Conferences, the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Initiative 2012 is a two-day event focused on how to cost-effectively source, integrate and manufacture lightweight metallic and composite materials into vehicle systems.
Among the OEMs involved are BMW, Audi, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover, TATA Motors, Bugatti, Fiat Auto, Ford and Nissan.
The event will offer a 360° analysis of how OEMs are approaching lightweighting challenges to meet emissions targets and deliver improved fuel economy.
During Day One speakers from major OEMs will present case studies and best practices on the adoption, processing and manufacturing of advanced lightweight materials.
On Day Two technical specialists from OEMs and research institutions will introduce the latest developments in the field.
Following that, vehicle OEMs will analyze manufacturing infrastructure concerns, as well as forming and tooling processes and joining of dissimilar materials.
The closing discussions will examine how to decrease energy usage and minimize material wastage across the manufacturing cycle.
The price of attending the conference is £1099 + VAT. A £200 discount is available for registrations made before Friday 17 February 2012.
|The Jaguar XJ is based on a lightweight structure made of aluminum, magnesium and composite alloys, assembled with riveting and bonding processes.|
Below we report a selection of the speakers. For more details on the keynotes and the full Conference program you can visit the official website.
- Mark White (Jaguar Land Rover – Chief Technical Specialist – Lightweight Structures)
- Dr. Markus Pfestorf (BMW – Manager Material Concepts For Body-In-White Construction)
- Christoph Haberling (Audi – Environmental Product & Materials Technology)
- Oliver Schauerte (Bugatti – General Manager)
- Rosanna Serra (FIAT – Group Materials Laboratory Director)
- Claudio Santoni (McLaren Automotive – Function Group Manager Body Structures)
- Cliff Aitken (TATA Motors – Group Chief Engineer – Body Engineering)
- Simon Black (Jaguar Land Rover – Senior Manager Body Structures)
|Photos from the “EV charging infrastructure & Grid Integration 2012” event, organized by London Business Conferences|