(cover image: sketch by Michal Jelinek)
Taking place at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, the three-day conference includes 650+ classes on many different topics, ranging from industrial design to engineering, digital entertainment and architecture.
For who is attending, below we report a selection of the live classes and presentations in the fields of automotive design, concept, industrial and product design.
- Surfacing for Design in Autodesk Alias 2012 by Veejay Gahir – November 29, 2011 10:15AM
- Get the Most Out of Autodesk SketchBook Pro by Kyle Runciman – November 30, 2011 1:15PM
- Advanced Concepts with Autodesk Alias by Michal Jelinek – November 29, 2011 1:15PM
- Futuristic Vehicle Concepts for Hollywood Movies by Daniel Simon – November 29, 2011 3:15PM
- Why Freehand Sketching Rules! by Christopher Cheung – November 29, 2011 5:00PM
- Autodesk Alias Design for the Absolute Beginner by Jamie Gilchrist – Hands-On Lab – November 29, 2011 5:15PM
- Autodesk Showcase for Product and Automotive Design by Kevin Ketchum – November 30, 2011 8:00AM
- Surface Development and Quality Management for BMW Concept Cars by Bernhard Wagner – November 30, 2011 8:15AM
- Introduction to Autodesk Alias Design Visualization by Jamie Gilchrist – November 30, 2011 3:15PM
- Visual FX with Autodesk Maya by Daryl Obert – November 30, 2011 5:15PM
- Automotive Surfacing Techniques with Autodesk Alias Surface by Nils Kremser – December 01, 2011 10:15AM
- Industrial Design with Autodesk Product Design Suite: From Initial Sketch to Final Visualization by Martin Emila – December 01, 2011 10:15AM
Autodesk University Virtual 2011
Even if the virtual class catalog is not as comprehensive as the full Las Vegas calendar, it however includes several classes interesting for car and concept designers.
Below we report a selection of the design-related classes.
In addition to the video, each one includes additional materials, such as lecture slides, notes and handouts.
Virtual Classes available since November 15, 2011
- Design Visualization with Autodesk Alias by John Wonjin, in two parts
- Furniture Modeling in Autodesk 3ds Max by Victor Erthal
Virtual Classes scheduled for November 29, 2011
- Design Visualization: From Concept to Reality by Trent Cito
- Make Sense of Autodesk Product Design Suite: How It All Works Together by Pete Lors
Design Visualization 101: Making the Most of the Autodesk Product Design Suite by Eddie Perlberg
Virtual Classes in Spanish:
- Integración de Flujos de Trabajo: Diseño Conceptual y Diseño de Superficies by Martin Carcano
- Diseño Industrial, Técnicas de Ilustración Digital y Autodesk Digital Prototyping by Martin Carcano
For more information visit Autodesk University.