ZF TRW’s global Occupant Safety Systems business develops technical solutions for passive safety systems: Seat Belt Systems (SBS), Steering Wheel Systems (SWS) and Inflatable Restraint Systems (IRS).
This position is responsible for engineering and designing technically sound products for the IRS product line that meet customer specifications and can be manufactured cost effectively within time budget and constraints.
- Design complex frontal and side-impact airbag assemblies using new or existing technology.
- Create and complete design packages including feasibility evaluations and recommended changes.
- Create and complete all components assuring functionality and manufacturability in accordance with customer and ZF TRW requirements.
- Create and complete detail drawings including up level assemblies and all components.
- Understand all manufacturing processes and tool construction to support product development.
- Completion and support of tolerance stacks, motion studies, FEA, VSA and rapid prototyping.
- Assist in problem root-cause evaluation and resolution.
- Support program by exporting/importing data to/from customer CAD systems.
- Ability to manage data using ZF TRW and Customer TDM systems.
- Support new quote acquisition activity creating competitive concept designs and proposals.
- Define and create GD&T scheme including datum identification and assigned tolerances based on ASME standards.
- Responsible for customer interface with design studio or customer engineering as required.
- 8+ years of design experience that may include interior automotive design, 3D modeling, sheet metal design, plastic molding, die casting, fasteners design, wiring and assemblies.
- NX 9.0 modeling and packaging experience.
- AutoCAD 2D design experience.
- GD&T knowledge.
- Strong communications skills related to design and manufacturing of products.
- Ability to interface well with technical staff and functional department personnel.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma / Trade School Certification.
- Associate’s Degree in design related field (preferred).