Skullcandy celebrates the risk-takers, innovators and pioneers, those who break from the herd and forge their own path. We celebrate them living life on their own terms and with the soundtracks that inspire them to reach their full potential. They motivate us to be uncompromising, unapologetic, to express ourselves and stay true to who we are no matter the consequences. To live life at full volume.
The CAD sculptor creates high quality 3D surface models used in the industrial design process. Responsibilities include interpreting and defining the industrial designer’s intent using advanced surface modeling tools, while collaborating with the mechanical engineering teams to ensure manufacturability. Candidates must be detail driven while having the ability to quickly iterate. Although this role is designated for a 3D modeling specialist, a background in industrial design and/or mechanical engineering is beneficial in facilitating working relationships with the design and engineering teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
– An ideal candidate will have a strong passion and enthusiasm for a 3D modeling career.
– Demonstrated proficiency in Alias, Rhino, or Solidworks is preferred, as is the ability to go beyond the limitations of software tools and manually manipulate or refine advanced surfaces.
– Candidates will also be familiar with rendering, visualization, 2D drawing, image editing, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing software packages.
– An understanding of solid modeling CAD programs is especially helpful, as selected concepts will need to be refined by our production engineering teams.
– High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills.
– Work closely with global engineering teams both internal and at the suppliers through product development cycles and ensure teamwork and effective communication.
– BS or BA in Industrial Design or Transportation Design preferred.
– Computer Graphics, 3D Animation/Modeling, Fine Arts or Engineering will be also be considered.
– 3-5 years relevant experience.
– Please submit resume and portfolio emphasizing 3D modeling ability in wire frames.
– Competitive compensation based on experience
– 401K Matching
– Health Benefits
– Product Discounts
– Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
– Flex Time Scheduling