The LexisNexis Group delivers comprehensive and authoritative legal, business, government and tax information worldwide as an industry leader. It unites proprietary brands, advanced web technologies, and premium information sources for customers in the legal, corporate, government and academic markets in 100 countries on six continents.
We develop power tools for lawyers across desktop, laptop and mobile devices. We aspire to deliver best-in-class solutions which help the legal industry win business and win cases. LexisNexis, the global legal and information division of Reed Elsevier plc, is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer focused on ‘search and content discovery’ to join the global UX team.
* Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
* Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
* Work closely with ‘Search’ Product Management and translate business and product priorities into well-defined search interaction models.
* Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
* Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
* Contribute to the global design patterns project – conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
* Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
* Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
* Inform design decisions through research, analytics, and metrics data.
* Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to sales, marketing, product managers, project managers and software engineers.
* Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
* Lead large-scale design efforts working with cross-functional teams across product, development, and UX.
* Provide feedback to other designers while evangelizing usability, simplicity and high quality design.
* Advise and support stakeholders on prioritization and product strategy.
* Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience.
* 5 – 7+ years’ experience in a commercial software product company.
* BA/BS or Advanced degree (preferred) in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience designing commercial software products.
* Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices.
* Mastery of interaction design and information architecture disciplines, creating wireframes, site maps, user workflows, and prototypes.
* Experience with various UX research methods, including usability testing
* Experience working on large-scale complex web based applications (RIA)
* Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
* Knowledge of software development process.
* Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
* Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
* Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations.
* Ability to work independently, without direction or supervision.
* Awareness of trends and best practices in the information development field
* Preferred experience with data visualization techniques.
* Preferred experience with Axure RP, Balsamiq, Visio, Adobe Creative Suite.
* Proficiency in visual design.
* Experience with agile development methodologies.
Develop your career with us We were named one of the Top 10 Technology Employers in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine in 2015. And
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services.
Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com.