Our client has a need for a Color and Materials Designer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Color and Materials Designer Job Responsibilities
Your specific duties as a Color and Materials Designer will include:
- Color and Materials Designer: Visualization Specialist
- High level capability and experience in specialized renderings and presentations of current and future programs in VRED, MAYA , ALIAS, PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR, ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE, VIRTUAL REALITY (VR) EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Demonstrates creativity, a strong understanding of colors, materials, innovation, design leadership and multi-tasking.
- Ability to generate high quality 2D and 3D imaging and properties for presentation purposes and internal management reviews.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross functional design and development teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and visual communication skills.
- Reports to an Advanced or Vehicle Line Color & Material Design Manager and is responsible for generating 2D and 3D imaging and properties for presentation purposes
- Provide the studio with program specific VRED files which allow for a complete series walk with embedded hot keys to toggle between variants.
- Provide fully functioning animated seat data sets at appropriate milestones.
- Work seamlessly with Color and Materials, EMM, studio, engineering, Craftsmanship and VR teams to ensure all data is per program intent and to prepare and cascade files.
- Support designers and managers with visualization for design leadership, internal studio, engineering and craftsmanship reviews.
- Must meet the requirements for the Color Vision Acuity Test
As a Color and Materials Designer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Equivalent experience in automotive/color and materials development, and/or textile/manufacturing.
- Can visually articulate brand vision and definition through a design portfolio.
- 0 to 2 years color and materials experience.
- Relevant or creative work experience includes trend forecasting, fashion, and/or interior design.
- Experience Preferred: Computer skills helpful. Must desire to learn if no experience
- Education Required: Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design, Interior Transportation Design, Digital Animation, Gaming, and/or equivalent.
As a Color and Materials Designer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 39 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Color and Materials Designer position include (but are not limited to:
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.