Automotive Design Engineer Job
Bartech Group, a leading global workforce management and staffing solutions provider to Global 500 firms, is seeking experienced and skilled Automotive Design Engineers to join our growing workforce of Engineering professionals.
The Automotive Design Engineer is primarily focused on applying skills to design vehicle exteriors, interiors and/or underbody components, using a variety of media, including the very latest computer technologies.
If you meet our background requirements and are looking to launch your career with one of the country’s largest and fastest growing staffing firms, this Automotive Mechanical Engineer position is the ideal opportunity for you!
As an Automotive Design Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing sketches, renderings, and 3D CAD proposals for management reviews. In addition, the Automotive Design Engineer will work with other disciplines in the development of scale and full size clay models ultimately interfacing with program engineering teams in the development of feasible high quality products based on their designs.
We are looking for experienced professionals in the Engineering world to fill our Automotive Design Engineer positions. Candidates must have previous experience with CAD in either Catia V5 and/or Unigraphics. In addition, the Automotive Design Engineer must have experience with Alias 3D, Alias 2D, Photoshop, and Illustrator in order to be considered.
Other requirements for the Automotive Design Engineer include:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Vehicle, Transportation or Industrial design, highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of surface development and design studio practices
- In depth knowledge of engineering requirements
- In depth knowledge of vehicle architecture
- In depth knowledge of mechanical and occupant package
- In depth knowledge and experience with vehicle attributes
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics
- Knowledge of Tarus CNC milling and/or ATOS optical scanning (Clay Modelers Only)
- Knowledge of ICEM Surf, Catia ISD (Math Modelers Only)
Geographic Locations Include
- Auburn Hills, MI
- Dearborn, MI
- Warren, MI