Designer – Interior Job
An Interior Trim Designer is responsible for using CATIA V5 and/or Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter systems to perform packaging, design, layout and checking of systems and components for the Seating and Functional Plastics Group with Interior Trim.
Components include seat side shields, track covers, back panels, pivot covers, false floors, wire troughs, in-floor storage, in-floor cup holders and other miscellaneous “A” surface components.
The candidate will also have responsibility for packaging components, as well as interfacing directly with PDO Design Managers and staff.
Responsibilities include: creating explicit design/geometry, design and tolerance, parametric model creation and use, advanced packaging studies, feasibility studies, manufacturing studies, service studies, static and kinematic studies, ergonomic evaluations and assessing design integrity, build objectives, perceived quality, interference studies and work station utilization studies.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience and training in a design/engineering field or environment, Other educational credentials in combination with a relevant Engineering experience may also be considered
- 3 years experience in CATIA V5 and/or Siemens Unigraphics design (basic skills evaluation will be administered)
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Extensive experience with CATIA V5 or Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter
- Solid modeling, surfacing, parametric modeling
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, design, materials, injection molding, tooling design
- Understanding of GD&T principles
- Experience with Microsoft products (Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Ability to interface with several departments and many people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized with ability to handle many tasks with critical deadlines
Chrysler Group LLC is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.