Advanced Interior Designer Job
Work duties involve a considerable amount of creativity as well as ability to think strategically and analytically. Receive general guidance from supervisor.
– Create innovative interior design visions for the General Motors Advanced Design.
– Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve holistic design vision.
– Creates Brand focused Design Visions
– Competitive Analysis of competitors
– Identify new opportunities for GM brands
– Sketches and renderings in scale and full-size to communicate future design direction for GM vehicles
– Works with marketing, planning, studio engineers, modelers, other designers and service and fabrications personnel in the development of new ideas in both two and three-dimensional form
– Makes presentations of new thoughts and designs, both orally and visually
– In the absence of the Design Manager, may be called upon to give leadership and direction to lower classified designers.
– Frequent contact with others outside the work group – especially marketing, planning and product and pricing
– Stays abreast of current design trends
– Understanding and ability to negotiate criteria with engineers
– Understands timelines and is proactive regarding task completion
– Understands design sections and provides guidance to program sculptors and engineers
– Ability to work on a variety of projects outside the scope of the usual production process
– Ability to create and communicate new ideas
– Ability to contribute to creative and aesthetic design solutions
– Highly developed understanding of line form and surface development
– Excellent drawing, graphic and presentation skills
– Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
– High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
– Ability to interface and communicate effectively with internal and external teams members in a positive manner
– Knowledge of computer and ability to effectively use as it pertains to engineering
Education and Training
– Bachelor degree with a major in Industrial Design or equivalent training and experience