Advanced Interior Designer Job
Work duties involve a considerable amount of creativity as well as ability to think strategically and analytically. Receive general guidance from supervisor.
- Create innovative interior design visions for the General Motors Advanced Design.
- Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve holistic design vision.
- Creates Brand focused Design Visions
- Competitive Analysis of competitors
- Identify new opportunities for GM brands
- Sketches and renderings in scale and full-size to communicate future design direction for GM vehicles
- Works with marketing, planning, studio engineers, modelers, other designers and service and fabrications personnel in the development of new ideas in both two and three-dimensional form
- Makes presentations of new thoughts and designs, both orally and visually
- In the absence of the Design Manager, may be called upon to give leadership and direction to lower classified designers.
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group – especially marketing, planning and product and pricing
- Stays abreast of current design trends
- Understanding and ability to negotiate criteria with engineers
- Understands timelines and is proactive regarding task completion
- Understands design sections and provides guidance to program sculptors and engineers
- Ability to work on a variety of projects outside the scope of the usual production process
- Ability to create and communicate new ideas
- Ability to contribute to creative and aesthetic design solutions
- Highly developed understanding of line form and surface development
- Excellent drawing, graphic and presentation skills
- Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with internal and external teams members in a positive manner
- Knowledge of computer and ability to effectively use as it pertains to engineering
Education and Training
- Bachelor degree with a major in Industrial Design or equivalent training and experience