Car Body Design appreciates your visiting this web site. Our site visitors’ privacy and trust are important to us. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned, and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to this site.
- Information obtained when you (“you” or “User”) visit the [www.carbodydesign.com] web site (the “Site”).
- Information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the Site.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register with this Site and when you request products and services. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback.
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”), such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and certain business information such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title and buying information (e.g., preferences or history). This Site only collects Personally Identifiable Information with your knowledge.
When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your computer and tracks your behavior on the Site. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information in this way, but if you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- To provide you with this Site and other products and services.
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Site.
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of the Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of the Site.
We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of FTM Studio SRL.
These communications may include e-mail newsletters that are relevant to this Site.
All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
- Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address ) in representative lists of our magazine circulation and/or web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
- To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform the services.
- Portions of this Site may be provided as “Premium” or “Sponsored” content. Premium or Sponsored content is made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain of the User’s registration information with the Premium or Sponsored content’s sponsors and advertisers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content.
- To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving CBD or this Site.
- When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property.
- When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the newsletter or website registration page for this Site, or which you submitted to request a print publication, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
This Site is operated by:
Line 22 SRL
Via Paul Cezanne 11
00178 Rome (Italy)
Our e-mail newsletter service is operated by
AWeber Communications, Inc.
2865 S. Eagle Rd. #338
Newtown, PA 18940-1560
*Automatic Data Collection: Methods used to collect this information may include “cookies” and “clear GIFs” (also known as “pixel tags” or “beacons”). A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most browsers allow Users to block the receipt of cookies, but doing so may compromise your ability to use certain features of this Site. A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a web site or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the web site, whether you opened an email message or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message.
(Last Update: 6 December 2011)