To showcase its technological capabilities, Switzerland-based GreenGT has created a prototype of an electric racing car that could compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2011.
According to the first official information, the Sportscar could also enter a limited production, with the only difference between the standard and the racing version being the onboard software.
The sportscar has a fibergass body mounted on a carbon-fiber monocoque chassis. The powertrain – which adopts two 100-kw electric motors – features a 350 to 400 hp power output and a torque of about 2,000 Nm.
Estimated performances are a 0-60 mph time under 4 seconds and a top speed limited to 171 mph (275 km/h).
The design was created by a team of students from the CCi du Valenciennois (France):
- Baptiste Viry ( Designer, 5th year)
- Thomas Clavet (Designer, 5th year)
- Julien Sarreméjean (Designer, 3rd year)
- Romuald Lemoine (Digital designer, 2nd year)
- Mathieu Bouis (Digital designer, 1st year)