Previewed back in February 2009 and officially unveiled as a functional prototype at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show, the Perana Z-One sportscar marks the first collaboration of the Milan-based
Coachbuilder with South African Vehicle Manufacturer Perana Performance Group.
The Z-One is expected to be produced in 999 units/year, and to be available to European customers from July 2009 at the introductory price of under 50.000 Euros.
proportion and volume of Z-one is even tighter than usual sports car styling,
accentuated by couple of long and dynamic curves with keen edge which
visually integrate some important design features like the air out-lets. “
“Surfaces defined by those cutting edges are even more sculptured
maintaining the modern Zagato line which we have been developing for a
Virtual reality development has been integrated from inception, effectively eliminating the need for the traditional styling model and enabling the
fully functional prototype to be completed in less than 4 months by the South African team.
“The Perana Z-One is no mere dream car, but a thoroughly practical and
feasible production proposition that is expected to be available for sale to
European buyers by July 2009.”
The Zagato Design Centre has styled the Perana Z-one to ensure it is built as
a limited series production car.
Sales will be limited to 999 cars per year
within Europe to assure exclusivity and to commemorate the 90 years of
The Perana Z-One is powered by the GM’s 6.2 litre V8 engine adopted on the Corvette, which delivers 440 hp. It is combined with a rear wheel drive system and a 50:50 weight distribution.
Thanks to the tubular and box section chassis and composite body, the total weight is limited to 1,195 kg, for a power-to-weight ratio of 2.71 kg/hp, which allows for a 0-100 km/h sprint in less than4 seconds.
Complying with Euro 4 emission legislation, the 2-seater GT is expected
to be launched at the introductory price of under 50.000 Euros, before taxes.
Zagato Perana Z-One Concept – Technical Specifications
Body and dimensions
- Frame – Steel Tube Space Frame
- Body – Vinyl-Ester/Glass Composite
- Curb Weight – 1195 kg
- Weight Distribution – Front: 50% / Rear: 50%
- Wheelbase – 2540 mm
- Track – Front: 1627 mm / Rear: 1570 mm
- Length – 4406 mm
- Height – 1233 mm
- Width – 1924 mm
- Seating Capacity – 2
- Configuration – V8, All Aluminium
- Displacement – 6200 cc
- Power – 328 kW @
- Torque – 583 Nm @
- Max. rpm – 6600 rpm
- Fuel Delivery – Fuel Injection. Electronic, Sequential Port.
- Compression Ratio – 10.7: 1
- Gearbox – 6 speed manual
- Differential – ZF Limited Slip
- Wheels –
Front: 18 x 10J / Rear: 19 x 12J
- Tires – Michelin PS2 – Front: 275/35 ZR18 / Rear: 345/30 ZR19
- Layout – Front/Mid Engine – Rear Drive
- Brakes – Front: 325mm / Rear: 305mm
- Fuel Capacity – 85 litres
- Power/weight ratio – (328 hp/tonne) 240 kW/tonne
- 0 – 100km/h – sub 4 secs (est)
- 0 – 160km/h – sub 10 secs (est)