Maserati GranTurismo MC Concept
The Maserati GranTursimo MC Concept is a racetrack-oriented version of the GranTurismo S model. The upgraded engine and chassis are combined with an integral rollcage and a composite body modified for aerodynamic performances.
Compared to the GranTurismo S from which it derives, the design changes operated by the designers of the Maserati Style Center were aimed at improving the car’s performances and aerodynamic efficiency, "without detriment to its elegant, curvaceous line."
The radiator grille of the MC Concept features two larghe air intakes – designed t increase the air flow to the engine and brakes – and an aerodynamic bottom trim.
The front mudguards, with increased track, are also new, as is the engine hood with a dynamic air inlet and two additional air vents.
The car’s profile has also been the subject of in-depth aerodynamuc analysis, leading to the introduction of unusual side air venrs, liinked to the new miniskirts under the doors.
The rear sopiler is lager in size in order to increase the downforce generated by the profile, thus compensatng for the aerodynamic effect of the front splitter.
Based on the production Granturismo S unveiled at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show, the GranTursimo MC Concept was developed by Maserati Racing Department (Maserati Corse) and subjected to major improvements, to deliver extensive weight reduction and enhanced performance.
The new mapping of the engine allows to deliver 450 hp (331 kW)and 510 Nm at 4,750 rmp.
The chassis has benefited from the improved weight distribution and new single-setting racing dampers and new 12×18" front and 13×18" rear wheels with slick tires.
The partially modified coachwork is in composite material.
The intake and exhaust systems have also been revised through the installatoni of a high-performace conical air filter combined with an exhaust system fitted with racing-type catalytic converters and silencers.
The car structure was lightened and stiffened thanks to the application of an integral welded rollcage, as required by FIA regulations.
- V8, 4,691 cc
- Maximum power: 330.9 kW (450 HP)
- Maximum torque: 510 Nm at 4,750 rpm
- Weight/power ratio: <4.2 Kg/KW (<3.1 Kg/HP)
- Body: In composite material. Windscreen and rear and side windows in Lexan.
- Chassis: In welded steel with integral rollcage structure, FIA approved
- Backward-set driving position, with racing seat, dashboard and control console in carbon throughout.
- 6-point seat-belt compatible with HANS protection system.
- Electrical system: Specific, with data acquisition system.
- Fuel tank: 100 lt, with carbon safety structure, FIA approved.
- Brakes: Steel discs, front Ø 380 mm, rear Ø 313 mm, without ABS.
- Front: 12”x18”
- Rear: 13”x18”
- Front: 285/650/18
- Rear: 315/690/18
- Weight: < 1,400 Kg