Like the Saline Airstream, the Saline Bird Concept is a race motorbike created for the «Les Triplettes de Bonneville».
The motorbike is powered by an compressed air engine fed by three air tanks with a total capacity of 27 liters.
All of technical parts are mounted on a frame made of carbon fiber. The position of the biker is directly inspired by speed skier position for better aerodynamics.
The conventional body panels are replaced by leather skin parts that can be slipped on and off “like a sock” in order to switch between the different categories (with body panel or without it).
It can also be turned into a road model by replacing the handlebar. Technical partners of the project include MDI (engine), LUXFER (air tank) and BRM.
The team includes:
- Charles-Edouard Berche (Designer, 5th year) – email – portfolio
- Ugo Spagnolo (Designer, 5th year) – co-designer of the Citroën DS24 Concept
- Adrien Fuinel (Designer, 3rd year)
- Frédéric Dobbelstein (Designer, 3rd year)
- Jean-philippe Paries (Digital designer, 1st year)
(Image Courtesy: Charles-Edouard Berche)